There is only one difference in the two plans: Plan F covers the $147 Part B (Medical Outpatient) Deductible that Medicare does not cover, and Plan G does NOT cover this $147 annual deductible. This is the only difference between the types of Supplement Plans and Plan G could generally save you hundreds of dollars per year.
Here are two examples based on Aetna Health and Life Insurance non-smoking rates in PA (zip code 19154)
Example 1: 65 Year-Old Female
- Plan F monthly premium: $158.52
- Plan G monthly premium: $123.45
- Monthly premium savings: $35.07
- Annual premium savings: $420.84
Example 2: 70 Year-Old Male
- Plan F monthly premium: $204.50
- Plan G monthly premium: $160.77
- Monthly premium savings: $43.73
- Annual premium savings: $524.76
If you are on a Plan F and have no major health problems, give us a call now at 856-866-8900 (or 908-272-1970) and we can see if we can save you hundreds of dollars per year.